– Currently, new houses with 4-5 floors or more almost all have elevator designs, but there are a large number of projects built 5-7 years ago that have not installed elevators, arising the need for renovation to install elevators. So what needs to be done to install elevator in such cases?
– That is also the question of most homeowners when they intend to install an elevator for their houses, which work need to be done by the homeowner, and which work is responsible by elevator supplier?
– Hung Phat Elevator Company performs hundreds of such works annually, and here we would like to share a little information you can refer to when needed
Nội dung bài viết
- 1 A. The responsibility of the investor.
- 2 B. The responsibility of the elevator company
A. The responsibility of the investor.
1. Determine the installation location
– Firstly, you need to research about elevator types in the market and their dimensions, what is the smallest size of the home elevator?
– In the following step, you need to find out suitable elevator installation location. You can choose some locations, then consult with elevator companies to pick a location suitable for the type of lift to be installed.
The most common location to install the elevator is in the middle of the stair. If this skylight is not enough, the stairs space can be reduced. Remembering that after installing elevator, it will be the main traffic, and the stairs will only serve in case of power failure or broken elevator.
Sacrificing the area of a certain room to install elevator.
Install the elevator outdoors, one side adjacent to the house.
2. Constructing PIT
– All types of elevators must have PIT, elevators with deep PIT or shallow PIT. The shallowest PIT that can be installed is 550mm.
– The construction of PIT is relatively simple, it is recommended to pour concrete on 5 sides (4 sides and bottom) to ensure waterproofing.
3. Building the elevator shaft
– The elevator shaft from the lowest floor to the highest floor can be built by one of the two following methods:
Building concrete columns with brick walls
Building steel frame structure: For renovated houses, this solution should be chosen because it saves space, construction time is fast and clean.
– Therefore, as for renovated houses that need to install more elevators, it is recommended to build the shaft with a steel frame structure.
4. Supply power to operate elevator
– Home elevators can use single-phase electricity or 3-phase electricity, but if possible, 3-phase should be opted because 3-phase electricity is stronger and more stable, so it is good for operation of the elevator and the lifetime of the equipment.
– Power needs to be supplied to the machine room and connected to electric distribution box which has circuit breaker, and then from there connected to the elevator control cabinet and other the floors. This work will be the responsibility of the elevator contractor.
5. Finish cladding around landing doors
– After the elevator company completes the installation of the mechanical part, the homeowner needs to finish hall doors. Usually, granite tiles or other materials such as plasterboard, aluminum, wood, or glass are used.
– Note: When cladding, it is necessary to leave a hole for Landing door panel (LOP).
– If before, you chose to make steel shaft frame, at this stage it is necessary to have cladding around elevator shaft.
– Elevators are installed outside the house by the method of erecting steel frames and glass palels
6. Sign relevant documents
– After completing all the installation and commissioning, the lift will be inspected for safety and granted inspection certificate to use. During the inspection, ask the homeowner to witness and then sign the inspection record so that inspection unit can issue a certificate. The initial inspection fee will usually be borne by the elevator company.
– In addition, the homeowner also needs to sign the minutes with the elevator supplier such as the minutes of handing over the elevator, or contract liquidation, etc,…
B. The responsibility of the elevator company
1. Coordinate with the investor to determine the most ideal location for the elevator installation.
– After the investor agrees on the elevator type, price, and size, the consultant will work with the owner to find the most ideal location and construction solution to suits the actual work of project.
2. Design of the elevator shaft in detail
– Once the dimensions and construction solutions are confirmed, the elevator company will be responsible for designing the most detailed home elevator drawings so that the other related parties can use to perform their work.
3. Supervise during construction
– We will send technical staff to supervise during the construction of the elevator shaft and frequently monitor work such as constructing the PIT and making the machine room.
4. Supply of equipment and complete installation.
– Elevator contractor must be responsible for meeting project’s schedule, providing equipment of the right type as specified in the signed contract, completing installation and operation to ensure the elevator runs stably and smoothly, periodically maintenance during the warranty period.
– Above are details of the responsibilities of each party (the investor and the company providing the elevator). In addition, we understand the psychology of customers is that they prefer project is implemented by one elevator unit.