Home elevators with doors that open manually (open in the center or open to one side), but to install an elevator with automatic opening doors, the width of the elevator shaft must be wide. However, many renovated or newly built houses with small areas have small horizontal dimensions of the elevator shaft, making it impossible to make automatic doors. In that case, we must consider the option of a family elevator with manual doors.
Previously, manual doors were mainly used in freight elevators (folding iron doors) or food elevators with manual doors that slide up and down. However, in recent times, due to market demand as well as construction reality, the development of devices and hand-opening doors has been applied to the whole family elevator segment and has received positive results. Positive reviews from consumers.
Nội dung bài viết
- 1 1. How does a home elevator with manual doors work?
- 2 2. Advantages and disadvantages of manual elevators
- 3 Price of home elevator with manual door
1. How does a home elevator with manual doors work?
Compared to the structure, the manual door elevator is much simpler than the automatic door. If you look at it, it looks like a normal room-opening door.
The manual opening door is composed of the following main parts
- Door: Can be made of glass with stainless steel frame (common type) and full stainless steel door
- Hinge system: To connect the door and frame
- Safety contact: Safety device that prevents the elevator from operating when the floor door is open or not fully closed.
- Safety latch: To ensure that the floor door can only be opened from the outside when the cabin stops at that floor
How to use a small elevator for families with manual opening doors is also very simple:
- Press the elevator call button at the floor door
- When the cabin returns to the floor level, instead of waiting for the door to open automatically like an automatic door, the door must now be opened manually.
- When entering the cabin, close the floor door
- Close the cabin door
- Select the floor you want to go to
- When the cabin reaches the floor --> open the cabin door --> open the floor door --> step out --> close the door
2. Advantages and disadvantages of manual elevators
- The biggest advantage of this type of elevator is that it can make the elevator door wider than the automatic opening door. Even if the elevator shaft is too small to make an automatic door, the manual opening door solution is still perfect. Feasibility.
- For example: Elevator doors are required to be at least 60cm wide to be usable (human shoulder width is 50cm or more), but to make elevator doors 60cm wide with automatic doors, a hole is required. Clearance ladder must reach at least 1300mm.
- As for the manual door type, because there is no need for space to hide the door when opened horizontally, the elevator door can be made very wide.
- You can refer to the drawings and technical specifications above to see the dimensional superiority of the manual door ladder.
- For example: The elevator pit width is only 950cm but it is still possible to make a 600cm cabin and a 600cm wide elevator door, which is completely impossible if you choose an automatic opening door.
- In addition, due to the low design speed and light load (so the cabin floor is not thick), this is a type of elevator with shallow pistons, which can be called the shallowest elevator of all types of elevators. joint venture family.
Disadvantages of manual elevator doors
– The biggest disadvantage of this type of ladder is right in the name, is that if you want to use the ladder, you have to manually open the door, it is not completely automatic like an automatic opening door.
– That will make it difficult to use for young children, the elderly or strangers seeing and using this type of ladder for the first time.
Price of home elevator with manual door
Manual door elevators have the same price as automatic door elevators. To refer to the price quote, please contact the sales staff or hotline of Hung Phat Elevator Company for a survey and close quote. closest to the reality of the project.